Thursday, July 26, 2007

Free Time?

"No one ever told me what to do with free time."

She was telling me about her work schedule. She had started a new job, it was seasonal but she would be paid for the entire year. She would have a few months off.

No, she wasn't a teacher. She was a tour guide in Barcelona, Spain.

The statement and ensuing question intrigued me, for I had no immediate answer but it started me to thinking. I knew it was one of those questions where the real answer shaped a lifetime of thought and behavior.

"What would I do if I had several months of free time?"

So many of us don't even have the free time to even think of what we would do with a lot free time. Some would say they would simply get another job with the gift of free time.

What would you do?

You hadn't thought about it either huh?

Time is a finite resource, just as money is. What we do with a little is often reflective of what we would do with a lot. How we handle what we have now determines the spirit and style in which we would handle much more.

So what would you do?

"I don't have time to think about that! Inspire me, don't ask me silly questions!" some would say.

I give you sixty seconds.

Huh?

If I write another page or so and you read it, it will take you sixty seconds, so I won't write it.

I give you that sixty seconds right now as free time.

Now, what are you going to do with it?

~A MountainWings Original~

No comments:

Post a Comment