An unusual post!
How to shave better :)
1. Always use cold water on your face before applying shaving cream. In fact the brush should also be dipped in cold water. Cold water will tighten your skin, give you goose bumps and make the hair come out of the skin more. End result - a close shave. If you use hot water, the opposite happens, as the hot water puffs up the face and retracts the hair back into the skin. Some one hour after shaving you will notice that your shave is not as close as you wanted it to be!
2. If you don't want refrigerated water touching your face on a cold winter morning, don't worry. At least use tap water which will be quite cold.
3. Shaving against the grain of the growth is fine, if u do it slowly. Don't scrape fast and you can do it. It does not harm you. Believe me that is a myth perprated by shaving products companies and barbers to increase business.
4. If you want to save money, then you can shave immediately after taking a bath, without using cream. That will give nearly the same results. But if you want to look your best, shaving before the bath is a better option. Then of course, you will need to use shaving cream.
5. Washing the face with hot/warm water after a shave is the best bet since that will puff up the face a bit, and pull in any hair that has escaped close cutting. The result, a clean face.
6. Buy a good quality razor and blade. I use Gillette Mach 3 and it lasts six months with careful use. It is quite costly, but surprisingly lasts so long. Other normal twin blades last 1-2 weeks. Cost-benefit analysis for the Mach 3 is definitely superior to any blade in the Indian market.
Eik Sapna - Found em....the only words which could describe my state of mind right now... Btw, if for any reason this song is new to you...correct your mistake right ...
9 years ago