Friday, September 15, 2006

RAW Woes

The Pakistani Secret Service - RAW - once sent a mole, posing as an Indian student, to one of the IITs. Two months later he was uncovered.
"Well," the spy explained to his superiors, "I couldn't drink that much. Firstly, it was almost physically impossible, and secondly, even if I could, it would have been against your instructions."
The RAW changed the instructions and sent in another mole. But three months later, they were facing a similar disaster.
"Have you been drinking like everybody else?" they asked the mole.
"Yes I have," the mole replied.
"How did they get onto you then?"
"They got suspicious when they found out my attendance rate was the highest in the entire university," the mole explained, "but I was only following your instructions."
Once again the RAW changed the instructions, and they sent in their third mole. Unfortunately, during the mid-term exams, they received the devastating news, the latest agent had also failed and had been expelled.
When the expelled "student" arrived for de-briefing, he said, "I had been drinking and partying just like everybody else, and just occasionally showing up at lectures, just as instructed."
"How did they get you then?" his superiors asked. "Why were you expelled?"
"I failed all my exams."

No comments:

Post a Comment